Yesterday was the best performing day for QBooz.life since I started this website a year ago: achieved 5 likes per post. In a Day. While having a pat in my back, I am thrilled that WordPress is providing a pretty great reward system. It’s like being sent back to kindergarten once more and having teachers handing out small stamps for doing good works. Being amazed lately of how we are all fed with this scheme of rewards for a long time. In life, if you just look forward immediate, mediocrite rewards to just do something good, you would probably fit the rat race. I think it’s important to put in work sometimes even when it does not yield immediate results. Regardless, I do think it’s important to get rewards once and awhile to prove that you are doing something significant.
So despite the fact that I’m quite heaped up with reports and exams, I still “manage” to spend some extra time doing those kind of research that is interesting yet not that relevant. If I would be applying for a job, what would it be?
Personally, as much as I love thrill, I was thinking of those in between $60k-$100k would put me up with responsibilities. But these are worthwhile financial rewards, and as long as I match the skills (and passion) then I should be in a safe spot to go. However, nobody has ever told me what it is specifically required to be successful in these high-performance field. It’s true that we are all going to school for something, but without proper research and just leaving it up to faith after graduation is such an ignorant way of living.
This is where I search up FDI related job title via Indeed.com. Easily, I could click through the highest pay range of the job pyramid: A position at JP Morgan Chase in LA. The job description is as follow:
Commercial Bank – Middle Market & Specialized Industries Treasury Management Officer – Technology & Life Sciences Industry New York or Los Angeles
You will be responsible for solutioning and driving new treasury revenue. The Technology and Life Sciences industry banking segments serve companies with revenues generally in the $20 to $500 million range across the United States and provide lending, cash management, foreign exchange and investment banking services to help these companies grow and achieve their strategic objectives. This role will work closely with an established team of Technology and Life Sciences bankers and treasury management officers to develop and ensure proper alignment of all Treasury Services products and solutions across domestic and international cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card, and merchant capabilities.
The Individual must maintain and develop relationships across; Banking leadership, Bankers, Client Service, Product (Core Cash, Commercial Card, Liquidity, and Merchant Processing), Risk and Implementation teams.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated executive presence, capable of navigating and building effective relationships in a complex matrix environment to meet quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Further, the candidate must have background and success selling Treasury Services solutions into the Technology and Life Science clients of parallel scale and scope.
- Working in partnership with Technology & Life Science bankers and product specialists to develop new profitable business from prospective clients; developing strategic account plans and executing them
- Deepening and growing existing client relationships through ownership of the end-to-end process (sales, execution and ongoing client management)
- Developing and managing client dialogue; understanding clients’ business goals, environments, strategies, and industry trends to better determiner requirements and identify new business opportunities for JP Morgan Treasury Services
- Understanding the competitions’ capabilities and gaps, and how to position JP Morgan Treasury Services
- Promoting sales through frequent client meetings and consultative discussions covering client specific working capital and balance sheet optimization analysis, industry best practices, new products, market and industry developments
- Managing proposal writing and the entire sales process
- Developing and enhancing in-depth client knowledge and sharing it with the client coverage team for both new business development and management of client risk
- Working closely with the coverage team to drive efforts to expand existing business with current clients, providing feedback to product managers and generating cross-sell opportunities by maintaining strong working relationships with, other JP Morgan lines of business
- Support and drive strategy for the Technology and Life Sciences industry vertical in partnership with Treasury Leadership, banking coverage management and drive execution including; go to market planning, sales & product solution strategies.
- Establish, manage, and guide the development of high-quality client proposals, presentations and sales tools
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, follow-up and project management skills – execute special projects as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or Masters in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of Treasury Sales background within a top tier bank.
- Direct experience selling Treasury Solutions into the Technology and Life Sciences industries of similar scale and scope
- Strong understanding of the unique requirements of companies within various sub-sectors of the Technology and or Life Science Verticals
- Knowledge and understanding of Treasury Services products, credit process, overdraft management discipline, and pricing philosophy
- Track record and capabilities to foster strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to generate ideas, identify and drive the development of new business
- Possesses strategic thinking skills coupled with ability to mobilize internal and external networks and resources
- Demonstrates excellent/strong
- consultative selling and negotiation skills
- verbal and written communication skills
- time management, organizational and planning skills
- Relationship Building – Ability to establish and build relationships with customers and internal stakeholders. Ability to influence via matrix relationships
- Marketing Expertise – Ability to leverage expert knowledge to proactively and creatively present solutions to clients and prospects or to guide a team to this result. Ability to mobilize internal networks and resources
- Leadership and Support – Ability to leverage influence to accomplish objectives.
- Communication – Strong ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with senior levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Problem Solving – Ability to identify a problem’s cause and drive to resolution. Ability to direct escalations and ensure follow through
- Business Acumen – Ability to understand the business environment within the Technology and Life Sciences industries.
- Ability to drive business results in alignment with strategic objectives
So there are a lot that is going on here. I was amazed, again, because of the responsibilities level require to perform the task at that position. My question is, would you be able to love everything that you do? Would you be able to perform them by yourself, or would you need to rely on the helps of others, and search for different resources to fill your gap? What I am thinking of is that, you would have to either test out yourself, and gain a lot of experiences. You can always copy and add these onto your own resume, but only you are the one who know whether you are confident with it or not.